This privacy notice (together with our Terms and Conditions) tells you what we do with information we collect about you. It is relevant to anyone who visits our website, especially jobseekers who provide personal information to us (such as your email address, name, CV) and also business representatives who place job adverts on our website and therefore provide information and contact details relating to their organisation.
We refer to all these individuals as ‘you’ in this notice. We refer to Timewise Jobs as ‘we’.
The notice does not extend to any other websites that you might visit by clicking links found on Timewise Jobs or in emails that we may send you.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO OUR USE OF YOUR DATA IN THE MANNER OUTLINED IN THIS NOTICE, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT DATA TO US.
1. Who we are
Timewise Jobs is a jobs board website where employers can post their part-time or flexible job adverts, and candidates can apply for the jobs. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number: 8796200; registered office: Three Tuns House, 109 Borough High Street, London SE1 1NL).
We are part a group of companies and you may also know us by the brand names Timewise, the Timewise Foundation, Timewise Resources and the Timewise Foundation.
2. What information do we collect about you?
You will usually be aware of the information that we collect about you because you provide it to us directly (for example, when you apply for a job, set up a job alert or post a job advert).
3. How and why we may use the information we collect about you
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- To provide and administer our services, such as processing job applications, sending you any job alerts that you set up, or posting job adverts.
- To send you ideas, advice and information that may help you find a job. At the time you gave us your information, you were asked to indicate your marketing preferences. You can change these at any time by logging into your account.
- To send you information and special offers to help your business fill its part-time and flexible vacancies.
- To meet obligations arising from any contractual agreements made between you and us.
- To respond to enquiries or requests for information, or to follow-up on such requests at a later date.
- To ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective way for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website.
- To analyse and improve the effectiveness of our services.
- To do anything required of us by law.
4. Who we share your information with and why we do this
We may share information you have provided to us for the purposes mentioned in section 3 above. In particular, we share your information with organisations which collect, process, and store your information on our behalf, or which we use to manage our email communications to you. Your information is held on secure servers. Any payment transactions are encrypted. Where you have a password which enables you to access parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and we ask you not to share it with anyone.
We may share analysis of our services with third parties, provided that the analysis cannot be used to identify you individually.
We will not sell, rent, loan or give your personal information to any other third party without your prior permission, except in order to comply with a legal obligation; or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; or to protect our rights or those of other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud and other illegal or harmful activity; or to comply with our audit and security requirements; or to audit compliance with corporate policies, procedures, legal and contractual obligations.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to companies based in the EU and also in the USA, in order to perform our contract with you. Throughout the EU, companies are bound by the same General Data Protection Regulations as the UK, however this is not the case with the USA. We will try to ensure that any USA companies we deal with treat personal information with the same degree of protection, either by agreeing to standard clauses provided by the EU or by signing up to protection agreements in their own country. However, you should be aware that the US government may have the power to overrule any such agreement.
5. Visibility of your Profile and CV
When you complete your ‘Profile’ on our website, including submitting your CV, you can choose to:
- make it available for searching, viewing over the internet and downloading by any recruiter, employment consultant or other person or organisation who requests CVs to be sent to them.
- make your personal details and your CV anonymous, while having your profile available to be searched by recruiters. In this instance, we identify you to recruiters with an ID number only. You can then choose to reveal your identity when you reply to the recruiter.
- prevent recruiters from accessing your personal details, CV and profile.
You can log in to the website at any time to change your visibility setting.
You should be aware that we do not verify the identity or the business nature of organisations who request to search profiles and CVs. Also, your current employer may be a customer of Timewise Jobs or a client of one of our customers. We cannot restrict the customers who access profiles and CVs on our database and cannot be held responsible for any eventuality.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove CVs from our database if they include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive.
6. How do we keep your information secure?
We take security seriously and we take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that your data transmitted to our site, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorised access by third parties or completely secure. Accordingly, any transmission is at your own risk.
WHILE WE HAVE UNDERTAKEN ALL REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT NO LOSS, MISUSE, ALTERATION OR THE LIKE WILL OCCUR WHEN YOU ARE USING THE WEBSITE NOR CAN WE ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY IN CASE OF ANY SUCH LOSS, MISUSE, ALTERATION OR THE LIKE.
8. How long may we keep your personal information?
We are only allowed to keep your personal information if we need it for one of the reasons listed in section 3 above. As a general rule we will keep it for 6 years from the end of your relationship with us, as it is possible that we may need the information for regulatory reasons such as needing to prove our processes in the light of claims resulting from unsuccessful job adverts or applications.
We will also retain data in an anonymised form, for statistical and analytical purposes.
9. When can you ask us to stop using your information?
You can remove the information that we store about you, at any time, by logging in to 'My Account' on the website and choosing to delete the account.
You can also log in to change your opt-in preferences for receiving emails containing ideas, advice and information that may help you find a job.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE MAY BE A DELAY OF UP TO 8 WORKING DAYS BEFORE YOU STOP GETTING EMAILS FROM US, AS EMAILS ARE SOMETIMES SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE.
10. Correcting and updating your information
We rely on you to ensure that your details are kept up to date. We recommend that you log in to our website and update your CV at least every six months, particularly if your contact details have changed.
11. What happens if you don’t give us some of your personal information?
Where you do not provide the personal information we need to provide the service you ask us for, or to fulfil a legal requirement, we will not be able to provide the service. We will tell you why we need the information when we ask you for it.
12. How to contact us about this privacy notice
We have a nominated data controller, who you can contact at email@example.com if you wish to:
- Update wrong or incomplete information.
- Tell us you no longer agree to us using your information, and wish us to stop.
- Ask us to stop sending you emails with ideas, advice, information or special offers.
- Delete your information (the ‘right to be forgotten’).
- Ask us to give you access to your data.
- Ask us about your right to portability.
- Make a complaint relating to our use of your information.
13. Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. To ensure that we meet the highest standards in protecting your privacy, we will update this notice if and when it is necessary. Please check back often to read our updated notice.